About Prevail Therapeutics
Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
The Associate Director / Director of Business Development and Strategy will report to the Chief Business Officer and will play a leading role in the company’s activities related to in-licensing, partnering, alliance management, early commercial planning, corporate strategy, and business operations. We are looking for a talented, innovative, and collaborative individual who is well-suited to working cross-functionally in a challenging, fast-paced environment to help drive our business strategy forward. Title will be commensurate with level of experience.
As an early hire at a new company, you will have exposure to senior management, to all activities at Prevail, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture. Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Business Development
- Support the strategy, evaluation, negotiation, and execution of partnering transactions
- Source, evaluate, and structure in-licensing opportunities and academic collaborations
- Alliance management for corporate and academic collaborators
- Manage due diligence processes
- Corporate Strategy
- Support the design and review of business strategy
- Work cross-functionally to implement portfolio planning and prioritization
- Support development of three-year strategic plan including scenario planning and risk assessment
- Early Commercial Planning
- Contribute to new product planning, including development of Target Product Profiles for new products, global market assessments, and commercialization strategy assessments
- Develop revenue forecasts for products in Prevail’s pipeline
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop and implement key messages and communication strategies with key stakeholders to support the progress of Prevail’s programs
- Business Operations
- Support CBO and public relations team in development of communications strategy and materials
- Develop corporate materials such as slide decks, website, board presentations
- Work with departments including Clinical, CMC, Bioanalytics, and Discovery and manage legal counsel to structure and negotiate agreements with key external partners and vendors
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree (MBA, MD, PhD) preferred
- Scientific and drug development experience or education; experience with neurodegeneration and/or gene therapy drug development preferred
- >5 years experience in biopharma business development, biopharma corporate or commercial strategy, investment banking, consulting, or a related discipline
- Strong judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask in an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, teamwork, analytical, and organizational skills
- History of achievement and excellence in previous roles
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.