About Prevail Therapeutics
Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
The Associate Scientist/Scientist, Bioanalytical will the primary responsibility to perform bioanalytical and cell-based assays to assist our efforts production and manufacturing AAV products and advance the development of novel targets for neurodegenerative disorders. We are looking for and enthusiastic, self- motivated, hands-on, scientist with excellent interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in an open environment spanning multiple function. Great opportunity to work in the area of AAV manufacturing and bioanalytics.
As an early hire at a new company, you will have exposure to senior management, to all activities at Prevail, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture. Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Perform bioanalytical methods to support AAV manufacturing, including techniques such as qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, Western blot and enzyme assays.
- Perform cell-based assays using mammalian cell culture, such as transfections and potency assays.
- Assist in assay development and establishment of assays for the characterization of AAV products.
- Assist in management, shipping and organization of samples and data with internal and external collaborators.
- Broadly contribute to strategic thinking and development for lead and development programs.
- Relevant M.S./Ph.D. in a scientific discipline desired. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture, qPCR, biochemical protein-based assays and experimental design required.
- Industry experience in analytical development, qualification and validation desired.
- Experience in gene therapy or bioprocessing desired.
- Experience in one or more biochemical assays, such as ELISA, Western blot, ProteinSimple, ddPCR, mass spectrometry or biophysics desired.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Expertise in creative thinking and multitasking with strong communication skills and comfort in a fast-paced, work environment.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.