About Prevail Therapeutics
Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
The Contracts Manager or Senior Contracts Manager will be one of the first in-house legal staff members at Prevail Therapeutics and will be responsible for supporting a broad team of business, research, clinical development, and CMC colleagues in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts, as well as building and implementing efficient, standardized contract management processes and templates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, leader with excellent interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in an open environment spanning multiple functions.
Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced start-up company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Build, maintain, and streamline contract processes and templates for Prevail, particularly focusing on making sure that we’re at the leading edge of innovation in terms of providing Prevail legal services
- Support a variety of Business, Research, and Development teams in managing their contract needs, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating master services agreements, work orders, purchase agreements, sponsored research agreements, supply chain and manufacturing agreements, confidentiality agreements, and consulting agreements
- Advise internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation strategies; identify and address legal and business risks; ensure compliance with legal department requirements and company policy
- Operate independently, prioritizing and managing your workload, and ensuring that the right deals get done within the right timeframes
- Select and implement contract management repository and request systems and establish necessary processes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of four years negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, with at least 2 years of clinical trial negotiating and drafting experience
- Client service orientation and ability to respond quickly with good judgment to urgent situations
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, and with external vendors
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, influence, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.