About Prevail Therapeutics
Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
As Principal Scientist and leader of the bioinformatics team, you will play an important role in every aspect of Prevail’s scientific mission, from target discovery to pre-clinical and clinical phases. You will work closely with – and under the mentorship of – our scientists to discover and develop novel drugs targeting neurodegenerative disorders. As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary bioinformatics team you have a transversal role and interact closely with scientists from different fields. You will carry out valuable analyses which will further Prevail’s collective scientific understanding. You will apply your existing technical skills and learn new skills.
As an early hire at a new company, you will have exposure to senior management, to all activities at Prevail, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture. Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
The appointment is expected to be at the Director level. The specific level will be determined based on the existing experience.
- Closely collaborate with research and clinical scientists to develop informatics analysis approaches and independently execute bioinformatics analyses that support discovery, pre-clinical and clinical studies such as new target identification and biomarker development
- Identify relevant internal and external data and knowledge resources and execute integrated data mining analyses
- Keep track of the current analytical methodology and introduce them when appropriate
- Supervise of more junior bioinformatics personnel
- Coordinates, with input from others, the activities within the Biostatistics organization on technical projects, including the development of prognostic and/or predictive markers.
- Communicate analytical analysis verbally and in writing to teammates
- You are fluent in scientific scripting languages such as R, Perl/Python, and adept at working in Linux and Windows environments
- You have hands-on experience in genomics and genetic data analyses using existing and custom pipelines as required
- You have an in-depth knowledge of current technologies for genetic, transcriptomic and proteomic data generation and analysis
- You have experience in carrying out statistical analyses
- You are familiar with human genetics concepts and analytics
- You have a solid background in biology and/or medicine
- Your academic background includes a PhD or Masters’ degree in biostatistics, bioinformatics, neuroscience, biology or a related scientific field
- You have a minimum of 5years work experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- You have excellent communication skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.