Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
Reporting to the Director of Process Development, the Scientist/Sr Scientist of Upstream Process Development will play a critical role in our efforts to advance the development of AAV gene therapy pipeline drugs for neurodegenerative disorders. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on scientist with excellent interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in an open environment spanning multiple functions. As an early hire at a new company, you will have exposure to senior management, to all activities at Prevail, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture.
Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced start-up laboratory while also working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Design and perform upstream process development studies in different production systems for AAV gene therapy drug substances.
- Participate in the build-up of an internal process development lab.
- Lead technical interactions with CDMOs and CROs for the upstream process development and technical supports for external GMP Manufacturing.
- Assist the CDMO management to develop, build, and maintain strong productive relationships.
- Participant in internal and external analytical development for the in-process and product quality assays.
- Author relevant regulatory filing sections related to upstream process development.
- Maintain a robust communication to all relevant internal function groups within company and external partners.
- A PhD in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 3-4 years (or a MS with a minimum of 6 years) of industry experience is required for the Sr Scientist position. A PhD with a minimum of 1-2 years (or a MS with a minimum of 4 years) of industry experience is required for the Scientist position. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Experience in hands-on upstream AAV gene therapy process development in different production systems required.
- Experience in external CDMO/CRO management preferred.
- Experience with regulatory filling, and quality assurance and quality control systems preferred.
- Creative thinking, high level of ownership, multitasking in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational communication skills, and a team player.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.