About Prevail Therapeutics
Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the accounting and finance information by developing, verifying and recording transactions. We are seeking a professional who can research, understand and analyze accounting and finance information, is deadline oriented, thorough, flexible and has strong project management and communication skills.
As an early hire at a new company and member of a small finance team, you will have exposure to senior management, participate in all aspects of the finance and accounting functions at Prevail, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture. Our employees are required to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies to treat patients with neurodegenerative diseases.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining accounting and financial processes, controls and systems to ensure timely, accurate and actionable financial information;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines with the assistance of the internal team and external experts as required;
- Prepares and records asset, liability and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Monitor invoice receipts for payment processing;
- Assists with the external audit and reviews by understanding and analyzing general ledger accounts; providing information for auditor review;
- Develop, build and maintain strong productive relationships with internal and external collaborators;
- Provide support to all departments as required to process requisitions, invoices, expense reports and other financial transactions.
- BS Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Practical and working understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles, including US GAAP
- 3 – 6 years of professional experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Licensed CPA a plus
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.