About Prevail Therapeutics
Prevail is a New York City-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel gene therapies for Parkinson’s disease and other genetically-defined neurodegenerative diseases. Prevail is based in the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
This is a foundational role for our fast-growing company and critical to ensure Prevail as the employer of choice. The VP of People will will be required to build out your team and take ownership of all people-related activities including but not limited to: employee relations/engagement, talent acquisition/strategy, internal learning & development, compensation & benefits, diversity & inclusion, compliance and HR operations.
As an early hire at a new company, you will have exposure to senior management, to all activities at Prevail, and you will be influential in championing and developing our culture. Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Vision and Strategy: Work with the Executive team to collaboratively set and execute on the long-term vision for key People initiatives and enable Prevail to grow from 45 people to ~100 over the next two years
- Build-out People Organization: Together with our Head of People buildout an HR team that includes a separate talent acquisition function
- Values & Culture: Help promote our company values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our core beliefs
- Compensation and Benefits: Analyze existing compensation packages and plan future comp across all functions; benchmark our current benefits package and strategize for additional benefits as we scale
- Professional Development: Build scalable professional development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention
- Compliance: Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- An experienced People leader with 10+ years of experience leading HR in an hypergrowth environment
- Demonstrated track record of helping to develop an HR function that is a mission-critical partner in the success of the business
- Technical experience designing and building policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs
- Ability to oversee the employee lifecycle from onboarding through to offboarding and ensure all systems supporting this are operating optimally
- Ability to navigate new spaces in talent management
- A track record of strong leadership skills, high sense of urgency and proactive decision-making capabilities
- Strategic thinker and superior communicator
- Strong appreciation and focus on culture
- Advanced degree and relevant certifications (preferred)
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance and flexible spending accounts. Prevail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.